[pyrnet] CHAT, CARE - appetite after neutering / jumping into Jeep

This contains 2 subjects not related in any way for those of you wondering
about the subject line.

The first subject is a question. I had Pico neutered about a month ago. He
was about 13 months of age. There were no problems. The only thing I am
wondering about is he seems to have an increased appetite. He is eating about
25% more than he did before the operation and looks around for more. He
didn't have a huge appetite before and I did keep him kind of lean, but that
is no longer true. I can still feel his backbone and ribs, but there is now a
little more padding. Is this normal? Could he be going through a growth spurt?

The next subject is more of a problem resolution. I was never able to get
Pico to jump up into my Jeep Cherokee and I know there were a couple other
people on the list that had the same problem with their dogs. He would jump
down with no hesitation, but would never jump into the cargo area. I know it
was due to the training I gave him. Once he got too big for me to lift, I
would have him place his front paws on the bumper and hoist him in. (Said
operation affording my neighbors much amusement - one of them even starting
clipping out advertisements for one of those pet ramps) I would try and try
to teach him to jump in, I did everything from sitting in the back seat and
trying to coax him in to running up to the jeep with him and jumping in. (
More snickers from those darned neighbors - don't they have anything better
to do? ) Nothing worked until last Sunday when I went hiking with a friend of
mine. We decided to take my Jeep and I put the back seat down to have enough
room for the 3 dogs. She told her dogs to get in the car and Pico jumped
right in after them. My mouth dropped open! All he needed was for someone to
show him the way, I just wish this had happened 6 months ago! :-/

Elaine and Pico