Re: [pyrnet] Hotel/Motel rooms

When looking for a Hotel to stay in with our pry we told the person that we were speaking to that our Dog was well over 100lbs This was A Best Western in Niagara Falls.they told us the size of the dog did not matter to them and charged us !0$ extra for having shadow with us.We also got the same response from the Country Vue Inn in Maine they also only charged 10$ extra the only thing we were asked was to not leave the Dog in the room alone.The only problem we did have was trying to stay in Canada they would not accept a big Dog in any Establishment we contacted.The cleaning Staff was afraid to enter our room and it did not get vacuumed for two days but for the 10$ they only charged to let use have our pry there we felt is was really no biggy.This was at the Best Western.But I must admit the cranberry rug was solid white by the time we left,which I really didnt feel bad about being they saw us coming and going with shadow in tow they could have sent their cleaning crew when they seen us going out for the day.If any one ever has plans to go to Maine I would highly recommend The Country Vue InnThey Run a nice clean business and have a beautifull wooded are to walk you dogs,They also have a very nice continental breakfast at the Main house which you can bring up to your room.

----- Original Message -----
From: Ghost Rider
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2000 5:43 PM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Hotel/Motel rooms

. . . Unfortunately, during the past few years many of these places have
elected to not
allow dogs. Or no dogs over 10 lbs . . .

Alright...

    You all have been talking about hotels/motels...let me ask you this:

    What is the difference between having a 10 pound dog that makes a big
mess (1 & 2) all over the place and 100 pound dog that is better trained?
And the cleaning fees..well, if they are cleaning the place what difference
does it make how much the dog weighs.  Do they use a different strength
cleaner.  I think not!!!

    The reason I ask is just this...Todd and I had wanted to vacation this
fall in Gatlinburg and rent a chalet.  Well, the ones that accepted pets
said that no pets over 25 pounds were accepted.  When I asked the girl on
the phone the above question she got all bent.  Like 25 pounds is the magic
weight?  Hello???  My 100 pound dog is better trained than my children.
Which by the way aren't allowed to stay in chalets that have hot tubs!

    So if any of you know the answer to this question please let me know.

Bridget, Bear & Princess
Alabama Gulf Coast
kaiser4@gulftel.com