Re: [pyrnet] alpha position

Peggy, there is a wonderful book called "Dogs Never Lie about Love", it
has become a real favorite of mine.  Gives some good insights into the
world of dogs and their behaviors.  I think you are doing all you can do,
and the best thing right now.  Let them do their thing, and just watch
that it doesn't get really out of hand.  I think you will find that they
usually don't.  My three gals squabble a lot between each other, and they
will also really go at the males on occassion.  The males mostly just let
them.  Every so often Ranger will throw his weight around.  But only just
enough to stop the nonsense. Sounds worse than what it is.  Too me it is
a lot like squabbling kids.  My kids were actually pretty kind and
devoted to each other through most of their lives together.   There seems
to be lots of reasons the dogs get into it, real or imagined in their
eyes.  It isn't always an alpha thing, that has become something of a
catch-all.  Just my take on things.  :-)   Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka