Re: [pyrnet] Re: Bathing (long!!)

    Welcome back Jan.  How was the conference....I would have loved to have been
there! Were there lots of people attending?  Any controversies?  What was most
interesting to you?
    I  agree completely with you about bathing before a show.  I want my dogs to
look their best and think that is just after being bathed and brushed out..   I
also agree that a dirty dog is better than one that is full of chalk and
hairspray.  We once took one of our Pyenean Shepherds to a French judge who said
her coat was too soft.  Two years later the same judge returned.  That time I
didn't bother to wash or groom her (she was stinky).....he thought she had a
"very good" coat texture.  Now that texture may have been great, but she
certainly would need to be an 'outside dog" if I kept her that way.....guess
that would be called "a natural state"  I would think that the French judges
could tell the difference between a correct coat and an incorrect one even if
the dog had been bathed....I can, can't you?
Charlotte