Re: [pyrnet] Re: Bathing (long!!)

Hi Charlotte and all,
There were about 90 people at the Conference and in my opinion the most
interesting person(s) were Bob Brown, Keith Savage and Ruth Marcy.  It's not
often (ever) that us 5 from NZ have had the chance to listen to someone like
Bob who is a Vet and a Pyr owner and his talk was most interesting on some
of the Health problems in the Breed.

Keith gave a talk on proposed changes to the UK Standard. The PMDC (UK) do
not own their Standard such as GPCA do and being judged under the UK Pyr
standard neither do we.  That Standard is owned by the Kennel Club (UK).

Wonderful to meet Joyce Stannard (Editor of the Int Jnl of Pyrs and
President of UK Pyr Club) after all these years and all the other overseas
visitors too.

There was an entry of over 60 Pyrs for the Show with BIS going to a South
Aust bitch and RBIS to a US Import (TipnChips dog).  My daughter Claire won
the International Handlers Class and the Auction at end of Conference was a
lot of fun with over $3000-00 being raised.

Thanks for all the comments re bathing . Just reading all the messages now .
No leg pulling there Joe believe me!!  My friend with me who also explained
what we do here can verify this!!  I am also against heaps of chalk, powder,
sprays etc and prefer the natural clean look!!

Jan