Re: [pyrnet] Re: Bathing (long!!)

In a message dated 11/10/00 1:27:15 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ARIEGE@xtra.co.nz writes:

<< The response was "why are you bathing? Why are you not just
 grooming, if you were in France (Pyr spec show I suppose?) you would be
 thrown out the ring for having bathed your Pyr(s) by the Judge.  The coat is
 supposed to "crackle" and a bathed coat wont crackle because the oil has
 been removed by bathing"

First that is not true at all.  Both Masencal and Pecoult have commented that
the feel of the coat is different dirty as opposed to clean (no surprise).
No one is eliminated or dismissed and some dogs are bathed over there.  There
are some english living and breeidng in France and they come from Holland
with bathed dogs.  Never in 16 years seen one dismissed for clean coat.

<<Obviously in some countries where numbers are greater and there are more
Specialties with more French Judges then I could be penalised for having
bathed dogs. >>

Don't think so!!  If you did it would be an individual not the French system.
 I think you got duped and someone was having fun with you at your expense.

You know what else does not make sence, this is a UK person who I assume
shows in UK and they advise you not to bath in New Zealand.  So now we would
be led to believe this UK person can get along with their French dogs
non-bathed in UK shows? I do not think so and if they do the UK fellow
exibitors will make a joke of them.  I think you have  been had or talked
with a person whose elevator does not go to the top floor.  Jan, I would just
not worry about this too much as I feel quite certain it simply is not true.
Sounds like someone may have some agenda here or is simply idyl brainded
person with a motor mouth.

Joe