Re: [pyrnet] Re: Bathing

In a message dated 11/10/00 10:40:23 AM Eastern Standard Time,
nixie@mad.scientist.com writes:

<< entirely different attitude toward bathing than we do, in general <lol> >>

I guess this is fairly old and in my opinion an Anglo pseudo superior smug
view that got started somewhere.  Before anyone thinks that there truly is a
difference, I would invite them to go with me to the "Sale Barns" some
Saturday morning here in rural Georgia.   As we walk through the crowd, you
can testify that the French have no exclusive franchise on bathing practices
or lack there of.  On the other hand, my friends from France and I have many,
would be welcome in most homes.  People would be proud and honored to have
them and detect no problems whatsoever in their hygene or other social
graces.

I have been much more offended in France by the "Ugly Americans" we encounter
there than I have with the hygene of the French people.

Joe