Re: [pyrnet] Male Pyr in NE PA *UPDATE*

Hi Marie you go ahead and Rant and Rave I'm sure there were many of us backing you up.This past week with the pyrs that have needed Rescuing on this list and others has had   my heart breaking.I look at my two pyrs that I love so much and in my mind I can picture these pyrs in shelters in need of love and medical attention and my blood boils for the owners that wanted these magnificent animals when they were cute little balls of fur until the newness wore off and they started to grow up.I think any person that abandons an animal should some how be black listed and never allowed to own any animal again.To bad people were not given a # and every animal they own tattooed with that # to know who should not be allowed animals ever again.But that is just wishful thinking on my part .So add my name to your Ranting and Raving list I agree with you.                                                    Peggy Shadow and Noel
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, December 03, 2000 7:17 PM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Male Pyr in NE PA *UPDATE*

----- Original Message -----
From: Barb Bowes
Sent: Sunday, December 03, 2000 6:25 PM
Subject: [pyrnet] Male Pyr in NE PA *UPDATE*

Good news folks. The male Pyr floating around the Poconos area of PA has been located. He will be formally taken in to Rescue in a day or so. His owner does not remember who the breeder is so... the breeder info on not taking responsibility for the dog was false in the original post.
Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
bamb@monmouth.com

I am so glad to hear that this boy is being taken care of! I am also glad that there is not an irresponsible breeder out there who is not taking care of the dogs they breed. That is a load off of my mind. I know that at times it may seem as though I have an ax to grind when it comes to breeders. I honestly don't as long as they are knowledgeable about the breed, and put the time, money, blood, sweat and tears into the dogs they breed. And are responsible for the pups that they produce if something happens and the owners are unable or unwilling to keep the dog. Without these kinds of breeders the breed would die out in twenty years or so. And that would be truly tragic. It is the backyard breeders who are in it for money alone, with no regard for their breeding stock or the pups they produce. And the irresponsible people with unaltered pets who produce "whoops, how did that happen?" pups. These are the people who keep the endless flow of dogs coming into rescue. And they make me crazy. Okay, rant over.
Marie and Beau