Re: [pyrnet] Halti or Gentle Leader?

On 4 Dec 2000, at 9:39, Katie Allison Granju wrote:
> Anyone have opinions pro or con on these products? Are
> they essentially the same? Do you prefer one to the
> other? What about as compared to a pinch collar?
>
> By the way, this isn't in regards to my Pyr, but my
> other dog :-)

Katie,
I can't say I'm a fan of pinch collars though I used them way back.
You shouldn't use a pinch on dogs that are prone to aggression
because they're known to heighten aggression.  Personally, I like
the Gentle Leader better than a Halti because it's easier to fit.  And
there are 2 kinds, buckle closure and clip closure.  For the big
dogs I rather use a buckle but the buckle is harder to find.  A
Gentle Leader is better to use on a soft dog or fearful dog or one
prone to aggressiveness.

As with any training collar either used the wrong way can do
serious damage to a dog.

Janice, janices@austin.rr.com
Lana & Linsey (newfs), Sonny (pyr)
http://home.austin.rr.com/janices