Re: [pyrnet] Pyrs without Dwarf producing ancestors

----- Original Message -----
From: <JGentzel@aol.com>

I am hoping that someone will prove me wrong in my statement that there is
not a Pyr from North American bloodlines who does not have a Dwarf producer
behind it.  I am asking for Pyrs from a breeder who respects and breeds to
the standard and would potentially abide by the code of ethics of the GPCA.

Well, you could start with Kathy Liles of Shadee Hill who bred three
bitches who were WB at national specialties from the BBE class. (one of
them a possible carrier who was spayed and placed)   And yes, Kathy has a
known dwarf carrier behind her dogs, but she is the one who put herself
through the agony of test breeding to "prove" that the link that she had
was not carrying.

Also Nancy Carr of Catalan.  And although I have had known carriers behind
my dogs, I have pretty much "gotten rid of" what I had.  And certain
retrospective breedings have turned out to be tests for carriers.

Frankly, I don't want it, nor does Kathy, nor does Nancy and we are quite
willing to make some hard choices to not deal with it.

Now, I am sure that you will hit Compuped and dig up all the links.  Feel
free.  You can point fingers til the cows come home.  However, you do not
know all the dogs of these lines and how they have been bred and what the
results have been.

Ah yes, I forgot, it's all hearsay, isn't it :-((

Linda