Re: [pyrnet] Pyrs without Dwarf producing ancestors

In a message dated 12/26/00 2:15:31 PM Pacific Standard Time,
lmweisser@olywa.net writes:

Share it
far and wide or keep it reasonably confidential so that we don't "spook"
anyone who might be considering coming forward?  And I am here to tell you
that if *any* piece of information leaks and comes up in the general
grapevine, the "blame" for that fact is pinned on the health committee.

What value is the informaion if it is known and not able to be accessed and
used by breeders?  Other breeds seem to overcome the problems associated.
Maybe it is the environment and our approach to the problem.

Would it be too radical an idea to have as a condition to GPCA membership the
requirement that certain breeding problems be reported and made available to
the fancy?  That might drive out some folks but the GPCA might be on the high
road and get recognized as such.

Joe

Joe