Re: [pyrnet] Pyrs without Dwarf producing ancestors

----- Original Message -----
From: <JGentzel@aol.com>

What value is the informaion if it is known and not able to be accessed and
used by breeders?  >>

Oh boy!!  I am with you here.  This is basically the open registry concept.
Yet we don't even see people using the GDC.  Curious.

<<Other breeds seem to overcome the problems associated.
Maybe it is the environment and our approach to the problem.  >>

Few, if any.  Hang out on the genetics list for a while and you will hear
some very major things about the results of lack of honesty in most breeds.
I honestly think that we are much better than many, many others.

<<Would it be too radical an idea to have as a condition to GPCA membership
the
requirement that certain breeding problems be reported and made available
the fancy?  >>

Sounds fine to me, but heck we even get strong objections to the concept
that an applicant must be sponsored by people who actually *know* him/her
and therefore may have some idea of their "ethics".  Proposing that
applicants agree to this would really cause a row.

<<That might drive out some folks but the GPCA might be on the high
road and get recognized as such. >.

Sure and we have requirements for honesty and tests (hip certs) in the Code
that are violated all the time without sanction or penalty.  Who, please
heaven, is going to report these violators?  Don't get me wrong, I'm fine
with your proposal, I just dispair for its enforcement.

Linda