Re: [pyrnet] New Puppy (was Rescue Me- poem)

Welcome Sissy. Yes, GPs do have health problems, but not nearly
as bad as a number of other breeds. A lot of what we have been
discussing are things that are just starting to appear in the
breed. I do have some concerns over your pup, though. If the pup
was born on 12/14/00 and you are getting the pup in 2 weeks, that
would put the pups age when taken from it's mother and siblings
at only 4 weeks. This is a very bad idea IMO. Pups need the
socialization with their siblings until 8 weeks. Helps them to
become better family members by teaching bite inhibition and
other important social behaviors. In some sates (not all
regrettably) it is illegal to sell a pup before the age of 8
weeks. I did not let my pups go until 10 weeks. I would be a bit
concerned about getting a pup so young. Even first shots are not
usually given until 6 weeks, depending on the vaccination
protocol followed. What state are you from? Or what country if
not in the USA?

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
bamb@monmouth.com