Re: [pyrnet] jumping

Wow, if my Pyr jumped up, he could really injure
someone because he is so very large. He never did try
too much jumping up -- even as a puppy -- but my Jack
Russell does this and what I do is grab is front paws
and squeeze them slightly. Then I don't release him
for a moment. He hates this and it really gets the
message across that he had better cut it out with the
jumping up. Of course, it's not reasonable to expect
other people to know how to correct your dog if he
jumps, so you mnight want to set up situations where
he tries to jump on visitors and friends and then
correct him.

Katie

=====
Katie Allison Granju~