Re: [pyrnet] Sande & dwarfs

----- Original Message -----
From: <JGentzel@aol.com>

I am troubled by the written statements attributed to DR Sande.  I have
asked
and been denied a copy of the full report to see the full context of same,
so
what I say is at some disadvantage.  >>

Joe has "been denied a copy of the full report" because the report is not
my property and I have no right to release medical reports on any animal
that is not mine.  I have suggested that Joe contact the breeder of the dog
and request a copy.

<<To me there is a bigger problem with bringing this information out like
this.
 I have addressed this directly and not publicly, at least at this point in
time.>>

I know what Joe's "problem" is and let us be very clear here.  Neither I
personally nor the GPCA via the health committee has *ever* promoted or
even condoned the breeding of dwarfs except in a well regulated test
program which, at this point in time, does not exist.  The fact that I
really believe that Joe is exaggerating and wrong about the problems
encountered by dwarfs, does not in any way constitute an endorsement of
them or the breeding of same.  The GPCA and the health committee has always
done education and projects with an eye toward eliminating, as far as is
possible, the occurance of dwarfs in any breeding program.

Joe may see what Dr Sande said in any context that he wishes.  I choose to
believe that scientist or not, he as a veterinarian would not advocate the
production of animals doomed to a life of suffering.  I brought his
comments to light only as regards the discussion of the amount of crippling
and disability found in dwarfs where Joe's belief contradict the evidence
of the animals themselves and the reports of their owners.  In no way did I
mean it to constitute an recommendation or acceptance.

The GPCA health Committee has done a huge amount of education and work on
the dwarf issue.

Linda