Re: [pyrnet] Re (shelter Breedes)

From: "margaretGreiner" <Shadowman2001@msn.com>
<< Linda I would say you have had a rough week and its not even over yet.I
wouldn't want to have to see and do what you do in the Rescue Area I would
imagine one has to have a tough skin.But I think you have Cindy confused
with me as far as a Shelter giving me the hard time.>>

Margaret, I think that you have me (Karen) confused with Linda.  I was the
one who said "Some of these dogs have health problems, some have crappy
temperaments".  I was not referring to the dogs as a whole being "crappy", I
was referring to the temperaments that I've seen and dealt with.  IOW, these
dogs were not brought into the world to help better the breed.  They were
brought in for one purpose, making money.

<< My Noel is one of those "crappy" Puppy Mill Pups that was trucked up from
Gainesville TX completely dehydrated and sick damn near death according to
the records I was able to produce.Bought by a family that had no right to
even consider buying her but did and let the children break bones and abuse
to  the point where she hated children and then wanted to get rid of.>>

Welcome to rescue.  And bless you for giving her a chance.  I think that
sometimes you can find good in your heart and just know that *this*
particular dog deserves a chance because he/she's special.  I'm glad that
she found you.   :-)

<< I just wanted to let you know that nothing that lives on earth should be
ever be considered " crappy "they just have more than there share of
problems through no fault of their own.>>

Again, I apologize.  Maybe I should refer to the temperaments as "Poor"
instead of crappy.  I wasn't referring to rescue dogs as being crappy, I was
talking about the temperaments on some of the rescues that I've seen.

<< I'm sure if you haven't had such a rough week you wouldn't have thought
that. >>

Nope.  I would have thought the same, but maybe used a better word and
described it better.   :-)

<< I hope your week gets better.>>

Thanks, so do I.

BTW, for those of you who don't know me, my first Pyr (Shelly) was a retired
show dog that I got at age 6!  What a great age to get your first Pyr <bg>.
My second (Trooper) is a rescue.  He's going to be 6 yrs old in March (got
him at 8 weeks).  My two puppies are 13 months and 7+ months old (Emma and
Nikki).  Shelly is at the bridge, she was a wonderful girl.  We miss her
dearly.

Best Wishes,
Karen