[pyrnet] Thyriod Problem & Stains

Hi Everyone,
Melvin got a great bill of health from the vet, but she said that he may have a thyroid problem from being traumatized in the abandon house. What the family did to him before we got him.
He is 20 lbs over weight even with the extra exercise with us and Emmett. I haven't heard of this. Does anyone have any personal experience on the subject?
Emmett has brown stains around his mouth. I just can't get off. Does anyone know of an effective way to get these off?
Thanks
Merri, Emmett(Pyr), & Melvin (GS,GR)

Mer