Re: [pyrnet] CHAT, HEALTH: Bloodwork and Bo's Vet Exam

I just thought it was interesting that dogs could seizure from
low glucose levels. I had just not thought about it before. Bo
went in for both rabies, and dhlpp, he also had an ear infection,
so drops were dispensed. Bloodwork was $65.00. The whole total
came to about $130.00. Even though Cody could be epilectic, I
thought it might help to know that dogs can seizure from low
blood sugar. If a dog has seizures, I believe it is important to
have bloodwork done, just to be on the safe side. Evidently there
are other things that can cause them, which I knew, but I just
never thought about low blood sugar being one of them. I took in
a urine sample on my Pyr Shep yesterday, as she shows symptoms of
being diabetic. Once the urine has been tested, we'll go from
there, but more than likely the next step will be bloodwork,
unless she has an infection. I doubt she has an infection as the
urine looks and smells fine, but one never knows.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
bamb@monmouth.com