Re: Re(2): [pyrnet] ANOTHER Pyr jumping fence

----- Original Message -----
From: <Lisasark@aol.com>
To: <pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2001 10:16 PM
Subject: Re: Re(2): [pyrnet] ANOTHER Pyr jumping fence

> Today I tried leaving my pyr in the crate on the deck (outside) hoping he
> would be happier.  he soiled himself, chewed up the tow bungee cords I
used
> for added security and bent the wire of the $200 crate and managed to
escape.
cried
> and soiled when in his crate from day 1.  he is now 10 months old and the
> Separation Anxiety is growing daily
> Thanks,
> Lisa

Lisa how much time are you able to spend with Casper on a daily basis? How
much time do family members spend with the dog? I know how terribly
frustrating seperation anxiety is. Those who have not been through it can't
really understand what it is really like. But you really need to keep in
mind that the dog's anxiety is because of his excessive love and dependence
on human companionship. The more time you spend with him, the less he will
feel anxious. Never, ever punish a dog for seperation anxiety related
damage. This will only exacerbate the problem.

Have you looked into doggie daycare? It can be a little expensive. But it
might be something you might consider. In my experience I have heard of very
few instances where invisible fencing has worked. Pyrs are usually too hard
headed to let invisible fencing slow them down. When he is out of the crate
and you are home does he have housebreaking problems? I wish I could give
you the magic answer but I can't. I would really have a chat with your vet
and see what he recommends.
Marie and Beau