Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2001 8:31 AM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] BIG DOG FUNNIES.....

Allison,
I loved the story of your big boy being so scared of your vent.  Oh boy, do I also have a silly pup.  Pericles is a 2 year old 130 pound neutered male, who is extremely scared of one window shade in the kitchen - it is a bay window so there are two others in the window to block out the light - he is only scared of the big one in the middle.  The den connected to the kitchen also has windows with shades on them that do not bother him.  So, in order to avoid this one window with the shade that scares him, Pericles will will go through the den into the dining room. From there he goes into the main entry of the house which takes him back into the kitchen but on the other side of the bay window which has the shade and now he can get his food or water.  To go outside he has to follow the same pattern in reverse.  It is hysterical to watch because he is doing it in a full run out of fear of missing anything - as the rest of his pack moves through the house in a much faster fashion just cruising through the kitchen.  If I approach the window for any reason and he is near by, it is a full sprint to his bed which is kind of hidden out of sight.  It is the most hysterical thing to see this very tall 130 pound white blur go pounding by - the others look at him like he is nuts for moving so fast when there is no cookie involved.  Anyway, I am definitely not going to push the shade thing on him - obviously something makes him very uncomfortable.
He can continue looking like a silly boy as long as he wants. :)

Jen