Re: [pyrnet] Feedback on Amimal Planet presentation on Pyrs?

In a message dated 2/25/01 12:23:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
closetothesky@webtv.net writes:

But in reality I hear alot of the
list talking about drool. My sister called me and she saw so many of
these dogs drooling that she commented " I guess Bonnie, they all drool
by the way it looks!" I guess all this seems sort of petty but it sure
would have been nice if they had discussed the personalities of these
great dogs too.

I don't think it is petty at all.  Animal Planet told the world they were
drollers.  Now what will be important in the long run, our written standard
or the publics perception shaped by programs like this, backed up by a huge
group breeding incorrect type dogs?  BTW, does anyone have any idea how many
working breeders there are out there breeding Pyrs.  I have never heard a
figure and I suspect no one knows.  That would pose the next question.
Should we not have an idea how large this group is?

Joe