Re: [pyrnet] Feedback on Amimal Planet presentation on Pyrs?

<< Joe is right.  There seemed to be a focusing and pyrs aren't
> supposed to drool like was said and think it's wrong to portray that
> if your pyr gets out of your fence that's it's going to end up down at
> some pet motel and nothing mentioned on barking.  There was
> nothing really said about the urban population of pyrs.  And I
> noticed the same thing on the health on the one pyr taken in for
> repeated operations as far as mentioning genetics.>>

I will agree that there were some flaws. Initially at least, they were
incorrect to imply that the luxating patella problem was an injury,
though I think they did eventually get it right. It would have been
useful if they had mentioned more than the one genetic problem.

And as you note, letting a dog continually get out of its fencing is
dangerous, as not many just go to the local pet motel.

I would have really liked to have seen a more broad-based portrayal of
the breed. But on the whole I thought the show was fairly entertaining,
and that, bottom line, is what it is was made for. I don't *think* any
harm was done to the breed, even if there was a little misinformation.
As a media person myself, I will say that you can't expect the media to
get it *exactly* right *g*.

Darrell Goolsbee
Fort Worth, TX