Re: [pyrnet] New and want info on showing

Shane, an interesting comment.  In the UK Pyrs can be shown neutered/spayed
and  there is a move afoot to allow this to happen in New Zealand where the
n/s would compete for separate Challenges. All this is in the planning
process of course but we are all for it and this will increase numbers at
shows and also give the folk who have had their dogs neutered/spayed (and we
all encourage that) a chance to have fun and to compete.   Not every show
dog is bred from nor should be.  Yes showing is a chance to try and prove
you have a good dog but it's also a "sport" and sports are to be enjoyed.
There are  many good dogs outside of a show ing, it's just that other people
don't have the chance to see them.

Get into the social side of things with your Pyrs and your children, that's
where the fun and learning comes from. Believe me having a 2X BIS Allbreeds
winner with a hip score of 4 (Excellent) does not bring people bashing my
door down to use him and that suits us fine. We impt him for ourselves and
we have done well with the progeny. If others can't see his attributes,
their problem is all we can say. Most people are only prepared to see the
downside but that's a lack of experience in any Breed.

Best of luck,

Jan
Jan Chaplin
Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans