[pyrnet] Dogchat, Events: Crufts Statement/Airport controls

Dogs are able to come straight into New Zealand from the UK but possibly at
the moment this may be looked at.  Dogs from the US must be quarantined for
1 month.

The controls at airports with MAF are very strict re food and the like. I
don't think anyone would dare bring in such items mentioned in Shirley's
email!!

Coming back from Auz in Nov and to avoid the long Queues at Immigration, I
declared my Darrel Lea chocolates ( as foodstuffs)  I thought it was cute
but was told I had done the right thing and if bringing in any illegal
foodstuffs then I would have faced a hefty fine.

One of the questions on the form is have you been on or stayed at any farms
before entering NZ? I presume other countries also have this requirement.

Jan
Jan Chaplin
Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans
http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin or