Re: [pyrnet] Fw: Fw: LGDs, giving a talk

Chrissy, by all means point out that the number of dogs need to be in
proportion to the number of stock and the area needing to be covered.
Don't have people assume one dog is a super dog and can handle it all.
If you can, you may want to read the book "Don Coyote", you may have to
have your library find it for you.  It teaches us to think of the
predatory type animals differently, and that in turn helps us in the way
we think of our Pyrs. working.  Another suggestion would be to print off
and maybe copy, or allow the group to copy, the article on the Pyrs. in
Norway.  I find that people in general seem to think that Pyrs. just run
out attacking anything and everything, when a lot of their work is just
attempting to drive trouble off and away from their charges.  I think you
can have a lot of fun with this, and really be in a position to educate
the folks about how Pyrs. can work for them, and hopefully keep things
safer for the Pyrs.  Good luck!  Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas