Re: [pyrnet] Shepherds crook

I can't really say that re Poke. He ended up biting a 2 year old
neighbor child in the face. Settlement was somewhere around
$90,000.00! Yes, the insurance company paid that, but they
canceled our policy and we had to pay triple for insurance after
that. (even though I had Poke put down, we still had dogs) not to
mention the $2,500.00 in Vet bills. He was put down 2 days short
of his first birthday. :-(  Second Pyr, Belle, was expensive as
well. not quite as much but she had terrible allergies. Turned
out to be food allergies, but it took quite a while to find that
out. But, I knew that Pyrs should be better than this and then we
bought Bo. He was a dream. Carolyn gave us B.B., the best Pyr
I've ever known or ever will know, then she gave us Molly. Molly
and Bo had a litter, and then Molly and Bo's brother Rocky had a
litter. Chelsea is Bo's daughter. Now even with all those Pyrs
put together, all the expenses of the 2 litters, if we exclude
what Belle cost us in Vet fees, they did not cost us as much over
the years as Poke did with the Vet expenses. He was a lesson hard
learned, but one I'm sure to remember.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
bamb@monmouth.com