Re: [pyrnet] Chicks for Pyrs.

Robyn we hatched out 22 Red Stars a few weeks ago out of our own
incubator ( Rhode Island something else
breed ).     The group ( 50 hens plus 3 ) we are getting in are the
Auracana's ( sp?)  The hens that lay the colored eggs.  I really enjoy
those because the hens are also as different as the eggs they lay!  And I
like their little feather whisker faces! :-)  We are down to just one of
those in our old group, and wanted some more.  Admittedly, I wasn't
thrilled when hubby said he ordered 50! We have about 20 older birds
already from two years old up to about five years, of which only about 12
to 14 are still laying. Although we do get a big request for the colored
eggs.  People think they are lower in cholesterol?
Anyway, the Pyrs. love having little ones again,  I have to watch Polar
Bear, as I have found her standing in the box with them, looking down as
they run around and over her paws.  I ran in and checked under her paws,
worried about flat chicks! :-)  Anyway, I hope we get a good variety in
colors and egg colors too when the time comes for that!  Got nine more
goose eggs in our incubator.  We have Embden and African, and friend has
Taloose, so we are hatching a group out for her in exchange for a couple
of the Taloose.

Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com