Re: [pyrnet] ANOTHER Pyr jumping fence

Hi folks,

I wanted to thank everyone for all of the terrific suggestions.  I seem to
have things under control (although I am afraid to speak too soon.)

My pyr, Casper is finally safe in the covered kennel that we built on the
cement slab that we had poured.  He likes his dog house and is willing to
stay outside when I go to work if I leave my other dog with him.  We secured
our 2 latches with extra bolts so they could not be turned or moved and we
use an extra clip to keep it closed.  At first he was hurting himself by
trying to get out.  We resorted to clomicalm (whicjh did not work) and
started him on prozac a few weeks ago.  His crying and self mutilation has
dropped dramatically.  He only cries for 5-10 minutes and does not try to
break out of the fenced area.

As far as obedience training goes.  he is wonderful.  He just completed the
advanced training class and is registered for a super advanced class.  The
trainer recommended that he become a therapy dog.  I am hoping that he will
be ready for the exam in June.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I think we are on the right track.
Thanks for all of your support when I thought we were going to have to give
up in him.
Lisa and Casper.