Re: [pyrnet] prozac for dogs

In a message dated 3/23/01 9:31:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pearldigger@earthlink.net writes:

<< i'm sorry, i must have made it sound confusing...or maybe i'm
 misunderstanding what you are saying. .i was talking about the st.johns wort
 being the homeopathic remedy, not the prozac.  i was just wondering if i
 should try the prozac vs. the st johns wort.

Hi Allison:

Perhaps I did not make my response clear to you. Prozac has definite side
affects, that homeopathic remedies do not have. For quite awhile Prozac was
"The Fad" for over stressed Wall Street types! It became very popular and was
dispensed by family Physicians (not just Psychiatrists) to just about anyone
who asked for it. The side affects of this drug can cause constipation,
nausea, and several other unpleasant physical ailments!!!! That is why I
suggested to you that you investigate it thoroughly before making any
decision. It is simply not as safe for Pyrs as the homeopathic remedies are.

Terry Rickert