Re: [pyrnet] P.S. RE: 160lb female

Bridget, the breed standard only calls for something like  a 90 to 120
lbs range for an average Pyr.  Even accounting for a really big dog, I
don't see doing much more than 140
( that youngster Gulliver, that we took in could probably handle that
weight and still be as active ).  I would say
125-130 may be a good average on the top end height wise, say at 32
inches.  Some will go larger depending on the bone structure.  If that
female is really 160 lbs. she is either one tall female, or hugely
overweight.  The problem with most people is they think their dogs are
heavier until they put them on a scale.  Ranger is always guessed at 160,
in truth, under hair, he is usually less than 125.  Cindy
Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka