Re: [pyrnet] Separation anxiety in re: neutering

----- Original Message -----
From: <M3A4E5@aol.com>

One of the more prominent breeders that is featured in "The new Complete
Great Pyrenees", and who is a close friend of Paul Strang, does not believe
in neutering her dogs and told me so in no uncertain terms. Is your kennel
mentioned in the book?>>

Well Terry, my kennel name *is* "mentioned" in the book both individually
and in connection with several other established kennels.  Now, I am a BIG
believer in spay/neuter but I'm not sure that being mentioned in Paul's book
gives me any sort of "authority" on the subject. Is this prominent breeder,
close friend of Paul Strang still breeding?  I assume that you have some
vague idea of how old Paul is and how many decades it has been since he has
been involved in the breed.  Appeals to authority about things not directly
bearing on that authority lack a certain substance.  I'm totally with
Charlotte here.  The longer I'm involved (30+ years at this point) the more
strongly I believe in spay/neuter.  As a matter of fact I am delivering an
11wks old bitch to my vet this morning to be spayed before she goes off to
her life's work of guarding Barbados sheep.  And a public thanks here to
Kerry for her "pioneering" work with early s/n, helping the rest of us make
the big leap.  I have never, ever regretted it.

Linda Weisser
Euzkotar Great Pyrenees
Olympia WA USA
lmweisser@home.com