Re: [pyrnet] new behavior-growling at small dog

In a message dated 04/03/2001 8:18:03 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ziffanyrobyn@earthlink.net writes:

<< Cindy, I agree with you -- one never knows.  >>
Cindy,
    I have had a couple similar incidents with Pico as he gets older. He was
just about raised with my Mom's dog, Nipper, but lately, there have been a
couple incidents over food. So we have been feeding them separated by a child
gate. That seemed to work out OK until this week. Pico was in the den
finishing up his dinner and Nipper came to the gate. Pico started to growl.
We took Nipper to another room. Pico finished his dinner and we took the bowl
away. We took down the gate and let Nipper in and Pico went after her. It was
a real shock, the food was gone, but Pico seemed to feel it necessary to
guard his dining area. There was no blood spilled, but it was scary for a
couple minutes.

Elaine and Pico