[pyrnet] Re: Bonbelle/Nemausa

Linda I think people may need to read the article you wrote in 1986
accompanied by photos in the "International Journal of Pyrenean Dogs"
published by the Dekkers Brothers in Holland (who I had the pleasure of
meeting in 1995) to even attempt to understand the blending of lines, see
the photos of the French and US bitches which accompanied the article and to
understand perhaps a certain "bias" to the breeding from different
countries.

I lost a bitch at nearly 14 who for many years reminded me of Bonbelle.  My
bitch did so much for the Breed here in NZ but few would know her and few
would be grateful for where their lovely heads, expression and soundness
come from.  To me (apart from the few) they can go to hell.  I bred her, I
owned her, I gave her to an old lady to spend their twilight years together
(her 5th Pyrenean since 1960) but I will never forget her nor will the few
who knew her.  One of the Canadian Judges here years ago was most impressed
with her but so were the UK, Aust, NZ. Scandanavian Judges but best of all
she was mine.

I still get your article out Linda and I read it and I give it to others to
read too for a better understanding of the Breed, bloodlines, countries and
type.

We mix, we match, we absorb the lines, we blend the lines but no one can
take away how we feel about a certain Pyrenean from whom we have benefitted.
The reason I wanted Arthur was because of those early French lines into
Canada and I still think today I wasn't wrong. How did I know??  Why I had
Linda's article here plus a couple of others re the imports and I went with
Faye's instincts and she wasn't wrong either.

Okay put my ghosts to bed now!

Jan

Jan Chaplin
Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans
http://ariegepyreneans.mainpage.net or
http://ariegeroussillonpyrenean.homestead.com/
Visit here!! http://www.geocities.com/pyrworld
Jan's Ebay Auctions http://showcase.auctiva.com/janella
ariege@xtra.co.nz

---
AND please do not send us any. Update your virus info and do not open
attachments unless bug free!!!!