[pyrnet] Re: any suggestions?

We are reeling from the news that our boy Paddington has some form of
cancer (carcinoma or mesithalomia (sp?), the path. results are not all in
yet) that we found only because his lungs filled with fluid and he woke us
this morning with labored breathing.  Unfortunately with the onset of hot
weather we've put his reduced energy levels over the past week or two down
to the temperature. Early results from the team at Angell Memorial here in
Boston indicate that three months is about the best we can hope for, with
or without chemo or other treatments, although we haven't spoken to an
oncologist yet. The major factor seems to be that his lungs will continue
to fill, and my question is whether anyone has tried any kind of
alternative treatment, supplement, whatever, that might help alleviate
this problem and keep him as comfortable as possible. Obviously unless the
oncologist has a more positive prognosis than the emergency vet could give
us, we won't subject him to any aggressive treatment.
Right now we're just wondering how many times we can go through this--but
don't we all ask the same question every time it happens? The alternative
is even more unthinkable--never to know and love them in the first place.
Paddington will be 8 next Friday.
Give all your pyrs a special hug today, and we'll be grateful for any tips
you might have for us. This feels very different from Shelley's
osteosarcoma.
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose