Re: [pyrnet] Looking for a home

Dear Nancy and PyrNet group,

I live in Brevard NC and just visited with some neighbors who have a farm, with donkeys, horses, and various ducks, geese, chickens, etc. They have just gotten a male Pyr, about ten days ago, to keep away the coyotes (it's working!), and they are amazed that Samson (bred in Rutherfordton, NC, about 13 months old) is guarding their sick horse, plus patrolling "the whole valley" of several farms. They are interested in getting another Pyr and perhaps adopting the two Pyrs mentioned in the email below, from the Cookesville TN area, which I told them about as I had read the notice a few days ago. Are these two Pyrs still available?

The farm owners are Mary Ann Duvall and Bill Kilpatrick. Email is: mduvall@citcom.net. I am about to give them the Pyr list name, so Mary Ann may write to introduce herself to the list.

(I am the owner of a rescued minia-part-Pyr, or some sort--so I was ecstatic to just drive over to this farm and see Samson, my first chance to see a real live working Pyr!)

Thank you,
Suzanne Bell

JGentzel@aol.com wrote:

I am crossposting this email I received today.  They are located between
Cookeville and Crossville Tennessee.  Their email address is:

nlcoven@twlakes.net (nlcoven)

<<We have a neutered male and spayed female, ages 4 and 5 respectively, Thor
and Maggy Mae.  We have to sell our farm and cannot take them with us and the
new buyers did not want to keep them - which is a big mistake, we think.  If
you know of anyone who would like to adopt these two wonderful kids, we would
truly appreciate it.  Of course, we want a good home for them, someone who
will love them.  They are strictly outdoor dogs and would be great with
goats, sheep, etc. - as you know.
I am hoping that you can help us or put us in touch with someone who can.
Thanks so much for any help you can give - Nancy Coven>>