RE: [pyrnet] When is it appropriate for a dog to bite? Society's reactions

--- Robyn Allwright <ziffanyrobyn@earthlink.net> wrote:
> I agree with you, Barb.  If I have my property posted that there are
> guard
> dogs inside, and it's surrounded by a 6 - 8 foot chain link fence
> (I'm
> assuming with locked gate), then if some idiot climbs the fence to
> get him....

Unfortunately, in terms of liability, the fact that you have posted a
dog warning on your property increases your vulnerability to lawsuit
because you are then assumed to have prior knowledge of a dog's
propensity to bite.

Stupid, but true.

Katie, who quit law school after two years to become a freelance writer

=====
~Katie Allison Granju~
Writing ~ Editing ~ Consulting

katie@katiegranju.com