Re: [pyrnet] Re:Q

the staff and Vet. were actually
>playing in the dogs coats, oohing, and commented that they never get to
>see them clean and fluffy, usually just a matted mess!  So largely, a lot
>of people just don't care!  Just what goes on around here.
.
Hi Cindy, my vets made the same comment about Zeus, about how fluffy he was
and had no matts. He said he usually see's them in a horrible state.
 He said, "You must brush him on a daily bases?" I told him "No", it was due
to the shampoo I use. I use Mane n Tail, its a horse shampoo and
conditioner, but they say a lot of sales go to humans for their own use and
their dogs. It really keeps the tangles away. Hey, if it can make horse hair
soft.......
I swear he only gets brushed once a week and Never a matt. Burrs come off
easily, and when he gets muddy, its seems to just drop off him when it
dries. Its amazing. Geez, I'm sounding like a commercial. No, I don't have
stock in the company!LOL!
But he does get really muddy, we have a pond in which he spends a lot of the
hot days swimming in or running through. He gets out, rolls in the dirt, you
get the picture.
When he finally dry's off, within a couple of hours, he looks clean again.
I only bath him when his hair starts to yellow,(about once a month) as I was
told, in the beginning, that I was drying out his skin, trying to keep him
white.
I don't think that there is ever an excuse for letting a dog, any dog, to
get all matted. When in my opinion, it really doesn't take a lot to keep
them
clean and matt free. Of course when showing a dog a lot more grooming is
needed, but for our backyard pets. Just a little care and attention, really
makes a difference. If one is not willing to make that effort, they
shouldn't own a dog in the first place!
Sariena