RE: [pyrnet] New Member

Hello Sydney!  Welcome to the list!

The wondering off trait is VERY common with Pyrs.  We have one male who
would rather be out checking out the neighbor's house than staying at home.
This is why it's extremely important to have good fences or to keep them on
lead whenever they are out.  There are cases where Pyrs are left off lead
and will return, but those cases are few and far between.

Grabbing the scruff of the older dog is probably a puppy thing.  Our
Tibetan Mastiff puppy does that to our older Pyrs when they are out
together.

Another trait your Pyr cross will have is barking.  Being mixed with
Collie, this should be interesting, because the only dog I know of that
barks more than a Pyr is a Collie (at least it appears that way when you're
parked across from them at a dog show site <VBG>).  However, I've found
that our guys really didn't start to bark until after 6 months of age.  Now
they're making up for lost time <VBG>.

Enjoy your pup -- he sounds like he's a lot of fun.

--- Robyn Allwright
--- ziffanyrobyn@earthlink.net
--- Ziffany Great Pyrenees & Tibetan Mastiffs