Re: [pyrnet] Pyr Chow

----- Original Message -----
From: "Barb Bowes" <bamb@monmouth.com>

Personally, I will not and do not feed any of the brands of dog
food that are carried by the grocery stores. I have always
recommended Nutro Natural Choice to anyone feeding kibble. I do
not think that they need all those dyes and chemicals found in
other brands.>>

My one post of dissent, and my last (I think <g>) !!  This will come as no
surprise to Barb :-))  First, I am not sure that *all* store brands contain
either more color or more chemicals that *all* "designer" or specialty
brands.  That being said, the great-grandfather of Barb's Bo lived a long
(12.5 year) and completely healthy life.  Never went to the vet (I do my own
wormings and vaccinations) And for all of that long and healthy life he
never ate anything but a "grocery" store brand.  His food was never
supplemented with any other added food, vitamins, coat preservative or
anything else.  And his son, the grandfather of Bo lived a similarly healthy
life, although he had a scary and life threatening bout with a virus when he
was 11.5 years old.  And the first mentioned male produced many, many
offspring with similar health and longevity profiles on the same kind of
diet.   Indeed most of his offspring had them.  In short, my belief is that
it isn't in the food, it's in the genes.

 Linda