[pyrnet] Pyr Chow

Can you tell me food you recommend to feed Pyrs? My best friend swears by
ProPlan (she raises show Belgian Teuverens). I had started my now deceased
Thor on Purina Hi-Pro (recommended by breeders), then got creative using
regular Purina supplemented with chicken chunks. He got realllly tall (35")
but was quite flinty looking his whole 11 years of age. Of course he did
have all those tumors and I suppose the ones that were living off his
stomach got the best food first. His coat was not really thick and fluffy
like the ones I see in the show ring....even after a bath and blowdrying. He
dam came from France and that may have had something to do with the hair.
They seem to still have the hair the way it was supposed to be. Also, after
I had him neutered, the hair around his neck changed consistency. It got
really fuzzy and odd looking. Is that normal?

Anyway, then I tried ProPlan which didn't make much difference. I tried
Pedigree and a few other major brands.. tried Science Diet on him and he
turned up his nose at it. He loved the Science Diet Feline when he could get
into it, but, he liked the litter box too. That's a whole nother story. Ugh!

When I get another pup, I would like to get some idea as to what most of you
use so the pup can reach it's full potential both vertically and
horizontally. Oh, I make homemade cookies too so I know I spoil quite badly.
Just can't seem to stop that part of me.

Let me know what you have tried and what seems to work well for you. Thanks