Re: [pyrnet] Re: Chow and shampoo

Yes, I agree with parts but disagree with other parts. Very
quickly as I have to leave in a moment. My dogs food is not less
than 25%, and that is now that they are older. The food they were
on when younger was 32% protein. The difference here, is that the
majority of this protein is from meat, not grains. Protein from
grain is difficult for a dog's kidneys to handle, but protein
from meat is easily processed. Some Vets are finding that dogs
with kidney problems, who do not respond to the special diets,
are doing much better when put on a mostly lean meat diet.
Interesting, huh? I have a few other tidbits, but they will have
to wait until another time. But remember, DF companies tend to
list the grains separately. As in wheat, rice, brown rice etc.
This means they can list meat first in their ingredients list.
But, if you were to analyze the grain to meat ratio re then
actual content, you'd find that most are at least 75% grains.
Dogs are not horses or cows. They do not need grains in their
diet.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
bamb@monmouth.com