Re: [pyrnet] Suspected Terrorism Attack on the world Trade Center

hi everyone. i have been reading but too much in shock to participate or to
post. i live and in an area that was as emotionally effected as any i know. i
teach special ed to 4th and 5th graders. many of my students' parents work in
nyc or in the trade center. almost every child in my classes had a relative
or friend or someone they had a story about. also, i work within sight of a
navel base and the students were very scared that that would be a target
also.  its heartbreaking to try to rationalize this in our own heads, or to
try to come to terms with what has happened amidst the unreal terror of it
all, but when you have to explain the unexplainable to 8 and 9 year olds,
well, you realize that you simply cant. your life will never be the same
again nor will theirs. their innocence will always be replaced by an
underlying trepidation that things like this really do happen, and not just
in the movies.  we can no longer take our national safety for granted and i
grieve for that as well as for the people who have died or been injured.