Re: [pyrnet] For Heidi and Scott Wiggs (was questions)

Dear Barb,
I was actually planning on adopting 2 pyrs from the New Jersey rescue.
I knew the PA rescue had Winnie and Pooh, but they didn't have any
information yet on them.  Just before I was to go see the ones in NJ, I
contacted the PA group again for any update on the two girls.  They had
more information on them at this time.  When they described them, plus
when I saw their pictures, I was sold.

When I arrived at Gretta's house I saw two dogs immediately, which I
knew had to be Winnie and Pooh.  What I liked was that they didn't bark
or growl, they were gentle and affectionate.  As soon as I petted Pooh I
knew they were the dogs I wanted.

I choose them over the NJ dogs because I really wanted females.  NJ had
a male/female pair.  While the NJ pair were raised on a farm with
chickens, ducks and goats, I was leery of having a large male dog in the
campground.  I had talked with the owners of this pair several times.
The family was very nice and wanted me to take them, but I just didn't
think they would work out for me.

I know Gretta let these two girls interact with her goats several times,
and they showed no fear or aggression.  I took this as a good sign.  My
goats are near my house and I have a sturdy wire mesh  5' fence.  So I
think between this and the pyr's my goats will be fine from coyotes.

I can't wait until the 25th when I get to bring them home.  Thanks for
your good appraisal of them.

Heidi (in the beautiful Catskill Mountains of NY - almost fall foliage
time)