Re: [pyrnet] A very sad day

In a message dated 9/16/01 4:14:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time, drdharris@earthlink.net writes:

.  We will absolutely be getting another puppy to love (no more strays) and it is very likely, thanks to Angus' love and devotion we will likely get a Pyr.  So thanks for not using this painful time to say I told you so, and hope that we will be able to share future Pyr puppy stories soon.

Denise you are a very honest and brave person to let us know about what happened and being able to make the right painful decision.  Hopefully your honesty can help avoid another's tragedy.
I am so sorry for what happened and sorry that your love could not change the tortured existence of Angus.  I am also so thankful that no one really got hurt and hope the children afflicted do not carry emotional scars now.  I know you can work as hard on this now as you did with Angus himself.
I prayed for you and your children.  Prayers have many ways of being answered.  We can all rejoice that everything is OK in the end, even Angus is happier.  I promise you a Pyr could never be happy attacking its family or innocent children.
Contact me privately if you want info about a replacement or be very diligent in your search to ensure temperament.  Unfortunately there is that element out there that we really cannot tolerate.

Joe