From: Ann K. Wetherilt [mailto:wetheri@emmanuel.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2001 7:24 AM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Vacuum recommendation

We found a web site--not Consumer Review but another pet-related one that
I can't remember, but it was helpful in that it identified different kinds
of pet hair and suggested the best vacuum for the job. We kept burning out
belts on our Oreck because the long hair got twisted around it. Anyway,
we've had a Hoover for two years now. It wasn't very costly at all and
works great. I can't remember the model, but it's a canister, not the
"wind tunnel." One thing we do is use a small Oreck with no beater brush
to pick up the biggest clumps first, before we use the Hoover. It saves
time pulling the hairs from around the brushes, but we find that they come
off the Hoover brushes much easier than they did off the Oreck. I can let
you know the particular model if you like--I'm in my office right now!
Ann, Peg, Ivy Rose and Tori