Re: [pyrnet] Onions

From http://www.dogpark.com/carefaq.html

Dog Health FAQ
The world can be a minefield of health hazards to a dog, particularly when
there's a holiday involved. Here are a few things to keep in mind.

Watch Out!
Chocolate contains theobromine and caffeine, which are poisonous to dogs.
Just 8 ounces of baking chocolate can kill a 60 pound dog.

Dogs love onions, but onions can be toxic to dogs, causing anemia.

Antifreeze has a sweet, yummy taste to dogs, and itıs deadly if not treated
immediately. And if de-icing products are used where you live, clean your
dogs paws if heıs walked through any areas where they might be present.
Mildly toxic, your dog will ingest it while licking his paws, so itıs best
to keep an eye on where he steps.

If your dog has eaten something suspicious and your vet isnıt available,
call the National Animal Poison Control Center in Urbana, IL. 800-548-2423;
there is a $30 consultation fee.

Dogs are often prescribed the same antibiotics as humans, and like humans,
they can have severe allergic reactions. One common allergy is to sulfa
drugs. The effects can be catastrophic, even deadly. There are other
options, so check with your vet to see what your antibiotic choices are.

Common plants can be deadly to dogs if eaten. Poisonous plants include
daffodil, english ivy, hyacinth, hydrangea, oleander, poinsettia, holly,
hibiscus, mistletoe, wisteria, and rhododendron.

--
"Be strong, believe in who you are; be strong, believe in what you feel."
"Speak true!"

http://homepage.mac.com/raven4luck/