Re: [pyrnet] Onions

Two years ago this November, I put my 7 year old Himalayan cat to sleep
because he suddenly went into kidney failure.  The vet was surprised that a
cat this young would be going through this.  She had said that it could have
been a genetic problem or it could have been something poisonous that he had
ingested, such as anti-freeze.  Corduroy was an indoor cat so I knew it was
not anti-freeze, but I did remember him getting into a bowl of spaghetti
sauce earlier in the week.  I had mentioned this to the vet, but she did not
think anything of it.  The spaghetti sauce I use is a jarred kind with
Onions and Garlic.  I usually add even more onions and garlic to it.

After researching kidney failure, I found it was common for Himalayans to be
born with polycystic disease, and it shows up at around 7 years old, so I
have always assumed that was probably the problem.  I am now wondering if it
was from the onion and garlic in the sauce.  He was only 8 lbs, so I imagine
it would not take much.