Re: RE: [pyrnet] Pyr Barking -- "devil's advocate" was RE: pyrnet-l-digest.200110

----- Original Message -----
From: "Barb Bowes" <bamb@monmouth.com>
To: <pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2001 8:35 PM
Subject: Re: RE: [pyrnet] Pyr Barking -- "devil's advocate" was RE:
pyrnet-l-digest.200110

> Ann, I feel the same way! Which makes it REAL hard to foster
> Rescue dogs, but I've done it a time or two. >
> Barb Bowes
> Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)

I have fostered as well. And it is very hard to let them go. But you know it
is the right thing to do. And I do get updates periodically from the new
families. The first pyr I fell in love with was a sweet little girl named
Shelby. We fell in love with her as we transported her from Savannah, GA to
Jacksonville, FL. And we wanted very badly to adopt her. However she was
very heavily heartworm positive. And although she made it through the
treatment. She succumbed to complications from the treatment. It broke my
heart! And I still grieve for my Shelby. However if we had adopted her we
might never have adopted our boy Beau. And we would have missed all the joy
we have had being his family. Rescue is never easy and is often
heartbreaking. But we do it because we love the animals and if we don't help
them then who will?
Marie and Beau