Re: [pyrnet] "Buck", working in St Croix

Joe
I'd lay odds the Pyrs could keep order in congress for sure.  You know how
they tend to walk into a room and size up the humans in it?  I let my Pyr
bitch meet my Beagle puppy buyers.  If they pass her sniff test after all the
background checks I do, they get a puppy.  If Maggie does not like them, too
bad they don't get one.  She has never been wrong.  Just imagine them sizing
up Congress!!  They would sort the
questionable ones very fast, and have them on the run.

Gee Joe.....Buck in the tub of water looks mighty familiar!  And his litter
brother Stan never visited the tropics to "learn how to keep cool".   This
litter I think just likes water.  Here are some other "Pyrantics"
Stan visited a girlfriends country property recently.  He spent and hour
running as fast as he could and then belly flopping repeatedly into the pond,
just for the fun of it.  He had a ball, in the biggest pool of water he'd
ever seen. He slept most of 2 days.  He was exhausted.

And we won't discuss another girlfriends new gold fish pond.  Much to my
surprise she had installed a gold fish pond in back of her property in a
garden area.  I never saw it, since its a small one.  We had let Stan loose,
and gone inside for a minute.
We came out to find Stan soaked and very happy.  Carol said that Stan had to
have "gone swimming" in the pond.  Not a problem, but we walked back to look
at the new addition to discover 1/2 the water missing.  We filled it back up
then she counted her fish.  She had put in 12 that morning.  She tells me she
still has not turned up more than 8.  So we now ask ourselves what Stan could
possibly have done with 4 eight inch goldfish?  We didn't find them anywhere
on the ground, nor floating around dead.  Perhaps the Pyr was bobbing for
goldfish like apples? Did he take up goldfish swallowing? Hmmm...only he
knows, the evidence is all missing. End result I owe Carol 4 goldfish.  And
Stan is still smiling.

Sharon Hodgdon
Sovreign Pyrs
Bradenton FL