Re: [pyrnet] "Buck", working in St Croix

In a message dated 12/7/01 7:53:18 PM Eastern Standard Time, SovreignPyrs@aol.com writes:

We didn't find them anywhere
on the ground, nor floating around dead.  Perhaps the Pyr was bobbing for
goldfish like apples? Did he take up goldfish swallowing? Hmmm...only he
knows, the evidence is all missing. End result I owe Carol 4 goldfish.  And
Stan is still smiling.

That is a great story and yes every get from that litter absolutely adores water.  A little female they named Chelsea went to eastern North Carolina to work with a gentleman farmer in his prized Alpine Goat heard.  Tough assignment as they get breaks for their daily scrambled eggs and goats milk.  These folks also have a Koa pond.  Guess what.  Chelsea began swimming in the pond every day.  Soon after she began this they one day found about 40 new Koa in the pond.  They called their Koa experts that they had purchased the Koa from and were told this could not happen.  But it had some way.  Not sure why it could not happen, but apparently you should not have little Koa like this for what ever reason.  So they had the fish experts come get the not needed Koa and I believe the actually made money on the deal.  Was it Chelsea swimming or not?  Only the great Koa master knows <VBG>.

Back to Buck.  It will be interesting to see how the others do (two new guys I just got for them).  Actually one of the two new ones is not mine.  I found them a male that I did not have from a local vet who breeds fair working stock.  The Vet gave me papers for full registration and no spay neuter mention what so ever (Grrrrrrrrr).  Not sure we can ever win this battle like this and from a vet at that.  Really had to discipline myself to keep my big mouth shut.  Anyway this male will be neutered, but I know none of the rest of the 9 get will be and all those before and after will not be as well.

Take care

Joe